Try our recipe for Apple Celery Slaw! Budget-friendly and great as a side to any summer dish. Here’s a list of what you’ll need. Serves eight.
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 apples, sliced thinly
- 1 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 2 cups shredded raw cabbage or 1 bag of pre-shredded cabbage
- With a fork, mix the vinegar, sugar and mustard in a large bowl.
- Slowly add the oil, mixing until blended.
- Add apples, celery and cabbage.
- Toss to combine.
For more research-based nutrition and physical activity education articles, visit our site at livewellalabama.com.