Try our recipe for Quick Stir Fry! Super easy and a great way to add veggies to your diet. Save money by stocking up on canned and frozen veggies when they go on sale. Serves eight.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooked according to package
- 1 16‐ounce package frozen stir fry vegetables
- Stir together soy sauce, garlic, water, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add ground beef or turkey. Cook and stir for 5–7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture.
- Add cooked rice and vegetables. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir often to prevent sticking.
For more research-based nutrition and physical activity education articles, visit our site at livewellalabama.com.