Kids. It takes just a few small steps each day to keep them healthy. From fruit and vegetable servings to physical activity, take a look at the numbers to live by.
Numbers To Live By
- 5 servings of fruits and vegetables – Eat a rainbow every day!
- 4 glasses of water – Choose water, low-fat milk, or 100% juice when thirsty instead of sugary drinks.
- 3 funny stories to be shared with a friend – Laughing and giggling adds to happiness!
- 2 hours or less of screen time a day – Turn off the TV and step away from the computer. Read a book, play a game, or spend time outside.
- 1 hour of physical activity – Move your body every day!
- 10 or more hours of sleep each night – Be ready for school and play.
For more research-based nutrition and physical activity education articles, visit our site at livewellalabama.com.